Best Note-Taking Apps for iPad
One thing that most of the successful students have in common is that they use a note-taking method. Taking notes will help you recall information that would otherwise be lost. It will help you to stay organised & focused during the lecture. In the 21st century, the best way to take notes digitally is using the iPad. There are some Note-taking apps available on iPad which should be known.
Goodnotes is the best app if you prefer handwritten notes over keyboard typing. This app lets you take notes in a clean and straight forward way.
One can easily take notes using a stylus or Apple pencil. Apple’s Pencil is very impressive and precise but at the end of the day, it’s a secondary tool designed to work with the newest incarnation of one of their most profitable products.
Important features in Goodnotes -
- Ability to annotate pdfs.
- Convert handwritten notes to Text.
- Syncing notes with cloud storage providers like Dropbox, box, Google Drive, OneDrive.
- Auto Backup facility.
- Drag & Drop.
Notability is from Ginger Labs. It's the top most popular Note-taking app available at Apple App store. It is compatible with iCloud so you can sync your notes across all your other iOS and macOS devices. This app will sync your notes with the recording, allowing you to listen to what was said at the time you made the note. This feature is perfect for presentations and lectures.
Important features in Notability -
- Convert handwritten notes into text.
- Pdf annotation.
- Drag-and-drop support for files, text, photos, GIFs, and web pages.
- A powerful sketching tool that lets you use custom colours and draw shapes.
- OCR - A search function that can scan both text and handwritten notes.
- Multi-note support so you can work on two notes side-by-side.
- Supports audio recording of notes.
3. Microsoft OneNote
One Note may be a Microsoft production, but it's a full-featured digital notepad for the iPad Pro and other iOS devices. Aside from the fact that it has a lot of functionality - and it's free - it also integrates with Microsoft Office, which could be a big plus for a lot of people.
Important features in OneNote-
- Record audio and video directly into OneNote
- Automatically source what you copy and paste from the web.
- Password protected sensitive sections of a sharable document.
- Drag and Drop files to insert them into notes.
Microsoft OneNote is free to download and available at the App store.
Heads up! This post may contain affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!